Amongst the many announcements in the Chancellor's speech today I was delighted to know that our mission is to spread prosperity to every part of the country has been protected - with £1.7 billion in new Levelling Up Fund to help deliver that. Locally we will still aim for Levelling Up Fund round 2 bid for Penwortham and will keep pressing for that in this competitive funding environment.
- Additional funding for schools to the tune of £4.4 billion over the next two years to give our children the best education we can
- £6.6.billlion boost funding for the NHS and social care
- Energy Price Guarantee extended to 2024 - saving the average household £500.
- Triple Lock Protected. Today's Autumn Statement delivers the security and dignity pensioners deserve.
- The largest ever increase to the National Living Wage. Conservatives introduced it, and now we're increasing it by £1,600 on average.
Conservatives have a clear plan to tackle inflation and help families with the cost of living. #AutumnStatement