POST-TRANSITION PERIOD BUSINESS AND TRADE SUPPORT
We are into our new trading relationship with the EU.
As a Government, we are doing our utmost to help businesses understand the implications of, and capitalise on the opportunities that come from, the excellent deal we reached in December. This is how we will boost productivity, unlock investment and safeguard high value jobs in the UK.
Many businesses have prepared well, and are adapting to the new trading environment.
Nonetheless, I appreciate this is a period of change for businesses, made all the more extraordinary by responding to a global pandemic. I also appreciate there have been particular issues relating to trade in goods with Northern Ireland.
I have listed some helpful links below for guidance about changes and new rules. Please get in touch if you require any further help by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best place to go for guidance about changes and new rules for doing business with the EU and for moving goods from Great Britain to Northern Ireland is the Transition Page on GOV.UK. Find the link here - https://www.gov.uk/transition
- Businesses can obtain a personalised list of actions they need to take by using the Brexit checker tool
Other useful and popular pages on GOV.UK include the important information and guidance:
- Information on applying for the EU Settlement Scheme.
- Help and information on applying for an EORI number.
- Tool to assist with applying to continue to live in the UK.
- Travel requirements for visiting Europe from 1st January 2021.
- For general queries, including on Brexit, businesses can call Business Support helplines in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- For queries on specific topics, we have a number of helplines to help businesses on a range of areas such as customs procedures or tariffs
- The EU Transition Trader and Industry Forum helps businesses who trade over the border and the Transition Period online enquiry service helps with trade and investment queries.
- EU Transition Trader and Industry Forum link can be found here - https://transition-forum.service.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/
- Transition Period Online Enquiry Service link can be found here - https://transition-forum.service.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/
Webinars and Videos
- The GOV.UK webinars webpage links to numerous webinars. Businesses can also register for video explainers on various topics, including importing and exporting, trade and data
- Businesses can email the Cabinet Office (email@example.com) to receive its UK Transition Business Bulletin which signposts to the latest webinars and videos.
- Businesses can also sign up to bulletins produced by the Department for Business, Energy, Industrial Strategy (BEIS) for the latest information for employers and businesses on coronavirus.
- The free-to-use Trader Support Service provides end-to-end support for businesses engaged in new processes under the Northern Ireland Protocol.
- The Movement Assistance Scheme means traders do not need to pay certification costs for moving agri-food goods from GB-NI, with the costs incurred by those certifying the products reimbursed by the government up to a set amount. The scheme also includes a dedicated helpline for general enquiries and together these measures are making it easier to move agri-food goods from Great Britain to Northern Ireland.
- Comprehensive business guidance on moving all different kinds of goods into, out of, or through Northern Ireland is set out on gov.uk on this collections page.
If you require help for required changes during our transition from the EU, please see the following partner resource collection - https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/uk-transition-campaign-commun…
Guidance on the Government's new £20m SME Brexit Support Fund to help SMEs adjust to new customs, rules of origin and VAT rules when trading with the EU, can be found here - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/grants-to-help-small-and-medium-sized-busin….
A Business Support Guide Pack is also available.